Do I have to use the web shortcuts on the portal page to be protected?
When your connection to Private Tunnel is active, all Internet access from your computer is protected, not only web browsing. This includes:
- All Web browsers, including additional tabs or windows you may open or even different browsers on the same machine
- Software updates from Microsoft, Adobe and other companies
- Online games and MMORPGs
- Messenger applications like Yahoo Messenger, AIM, MSN Messenger and others
- Voice applications like Skype, VOIP or Magic Jack
- Streaming audio/video from Media Player, RealPlayer, Google Music, and others
- All other software that requires a connection to the Internet
This means that Private Tunnel not only protects web pages you open from the shortcut links, it protects all your other web pages and browser, and all other data that you send and receive from the Internet.